Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Remembering

I have been sitting here remembering the past.  You know I can recall a time when my sights in life were focused on the future.  Where would I go, what would I do with my life and what would happen along the way. 

Then it seemed that my focus switched to the here and now, present day life and all of the things that flooded my days battling for my attention; there were many things to consider in that time period.

Then there were the things from my past; some good and some bad.  When I take the pictures out and look at them I am reminded of people, places, and events of the past.  Pictures are wonderful things to have for they bring back those things that we may not have focused upon for quite some time.

Memories are pictures that our brain has stored for future reference, well my friends it is time to draw some of those memories out of the past and revisit those times of an earlier, less complicated time in my life.


Word Beans from the past

  • A hole dug in the woods to hide from any imaginable foe, whether monster, 20's gangster, or invading army - could have been alien or human
  • Trees with our names carved upon them - next to the initials of our true love
  • A tree house or village of tree houses making up our own community
  • A time before video games or the internet
  • Sledding in the new fallen snow for the whole day and coming home to warm loving parents
  • Watching to see if the "castaways" would be rescued, or if Gilligan would mess things up again
  • The Coyote never caught the Roadrunner
Things were not always peaceful and fun though:

  • Watching the Vietnam war on tv
  • Drugs and the  free love movement
  • There was always crime to be reported, death, violence and sin were all around
Something that I didn't know then, but, I do know now:

God is still in control.  He has not given up the fight and one day the battle will be over and God will rule.

(Revelation 1:12-18) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.  His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.  (KJV)  

Where will you spend eternity?

2 comments:

  1. Amen. What a glorious day it will be when He takes all dominion over this earth - when He returns, not as a Lamb, but as a Lion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful thought. What will it be to see on that day the Son coming in His own Glory and the Glory of the Father as it says in Luke. He came once to be slaughtered and He will come again with slaughter. Let us be prepared to see Him.

    ReplyDelete